From: Richard Davis rkd@kimray.com <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Subject: Re: [CGP-Update] [*] CommuniGate Pro 6.2 is released
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2017 16:49:03 +0000
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
The company I work for sells oilfield products. For over 20 years we never had to increase our prices. We were able to increase productivity and cut costs to keep our margins. However, the day did come that we had to have a price increase. The customer base was very angry and upset and said the increased cost would put them out of business. Kept selling the same amount of products. The company also uses an AS400 to run production and feel like they are being held hostage to the AS400 due to price increases. But still has the AS400. The increases are a cost of doing business. Part of the reason for the price increase. Now the company does a yearly evaluation and price adjustment, though I’ve never seen it go down.

Do hosting for 4 businesses from my home. Over the last 4 years I’ve had to double my prices because it has gotten more expensive for software, hardware, internet connectivity, everything. Of course the businesses didn’t like it, but understood when presented to them. Had one leave because of the price increase, but after 1 year they came back. Claimed I offer better service, and I don’t really actually do anything.

Richard

On 11/21/17, 10:18 AM, "CommuniGate Pro Discussions on behalf of Brian Turnbow b.turnbow@twt.it" <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com> wrote:

    Sorry Richard,

    I don't get you here.

    > If the business plan does not include keeping mission critical software
    > like
    > your mail server up-to-date, whether buying future versions, maintenance,
    > or subscription. Your business plan is severely flawed. It is a cost of
    > doing
    > business just like the internet connection itself.

    Maybe you should reread what I wrote

    >>This was the actual model until now, everyone has made an initial
    >>investment
    >> and kept yearly maintenance active which had given upgrade rights.
    >> As a service provider offering services we made our business case off
    >> this

    I purchased a Software.
    The licensing agreement clearly states that keeping the software in
    maintenance gives me upgrade rights.
    I keep it in maintenance according to my business plan.

    Now they change the licensing agreement to subscription and quintuple my
    yearly costs.

    So the business plan should account for this from the beginning?

    I fail to see your logic.

    Brian

[Kimray, Inc.]  Richard Davis
Server Administrator
52 NW 42nd Street  |  Oklahoma City, OK 73118
405.525.6601 Ext 1146  |  M 405.819.5305