From: Technical Support support@stalker.com <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Subject: Re: [CGP-Update] [*] CommuniGate Pro 6.2 is released
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2017 14:42:18 +0300
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Hello,

On 2017-11-23 13:44, Christoph Roethlisberger christoph.roethlisberger@iway.ch wrote:
Can we please get an official response from a CommuniGate Systems representative on how to interpret this change, respectively how a CGPro server will behave in the future?

For one, I don't see any expire date on our licence keys, only a month/year declaration on when the licesense was issued.
So I would just have to guess (issue date + 12 months, on the last day of this month?) when the validity period will be over and possibly shut down our servers?

The WebAdmin interface does show on License page that licenses are about to expire on the last month of the key validity: you may have seen this already for the filter license keys that require yearly updates. Now you may see the same for CGPro account enabling keys.
In addition, 6.2 shows reminders on all pages of WebAdmin if there expiring licenses, two months prior to license expiration day.

Or does this change only limit the update rights to strictly one year after the purchase of a license?
As right now, the license seems to not only allow to update for at least one year, regardless of the CGPro (major) version, but also for unlimited time within the same major release of the CGPro software itself.

Christoph

* IMPORTANT: the End User License Agreement has been modified.

http://www.stalker.com/main/purchase/eula/cgp.html

3. VALIDITY AND MAINTENANCE

The License Keys are valid for 12 months. To extend the validity period by
12 months, the updated set of License Keys should be purchased before the
end of the current validity period

Say goodbye to your perpetual licenses.

Best regards,
Dmitry Akindinov