From: Paul_Dudley pdudley@anl.com.au <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Subject: TCP listener error after upgrading to 6.2.0
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2017 18:22:57 +1100
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

We are running CommuniGate on  a Red Hat linux server. I upgraded from v6.1.16 to v6.2.0 today. The upgrade worked OK and CommuniGate restarted OK however after the restart I am seeing the following error message in red in the admin screen:

A problem with Module IMAP, TCP listener on [0.0.0.0]:573: failed to start. Error Code=network address/port is already in use

A problem with Module SMTP, TCP listener on [0.0.0.0]:587: failed to start. Error Code=network address/port is already in use

I have stopped and restarted the service again but the error message persists. I have run the “netstat” command but cannot see any process using ports 573 or 587. Neither sendmail nor postfix is running.

In the system log I am seeing the following entries:

18:10:28.00 1 IMAP failed to start TCP listener on [0.0.0.0]:587. Error Code=network address/port is already in use

18:10:28.00 1 SMTP failed to start TCP listener on [0.0.0.0]:587. Error Code=network address/port is already in use

18:10:28.00 1 IMAP failed to start TCP listener on [0.0.0.0]:573. Error Code=network address/port is already in use

Under Settings -> Services and Settings -> IMAP we have ports 573 and 587 enabled for listening.

Any ideas on how to fix?

Regards

Paul Dudley

pdudley@anl.com.au