From: Technical Support, Stalker Labs support@stalker.com <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Subject: Re: Postmaster password stopped working
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 04:18:21 +0300
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Hello,
On 28.11.2017 20:46, Palvelin Postmaster postmaster@palvelin.fi wrote:

On 28 Nov 2017, at 19:37, James Moe jimoe@sohnen-moe.com <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com> wrote:

On 11/28/2017 10:09 AM, Palvelin Postmaster postmaster@palvelin.fi wrote:

I even tried resetting it to empty. Nothing works. Any ideas?

  Restart CGPro?

I was able to recover by restoring /var/CommuniGate/Accounts/postmaster.macnt/account.settings from a backup. Somehow the UseAppPassword setting had changed to NO. I didn’t change it intentionally, so I guess it had to be caused by the script somehow.

The script could disable UseAppPassword to prevent the user from logging in while the conversion is in progress. And also it could use KillAccountSessions command to break existing sessions.
However, if the conversion was done by postmaster account session, then an attempt to convert the postmaster itself would mean a suicide.

--
Best regards,
Roman Prokhorov