From: Nicolas Hatier nicolas.hatier@niversoft.com <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Subject: Re: Postmaster password stopped working
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 22:43:41 -0500
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

If the script is the one we wrote, yes, that's exactly what it does.

This behavior is intended, and the initial script warnings mentions exactly that. However, there may be an overlook on our part that causes the script to convert the specified master account anyway in some cases, though the script also warns (two times!) about having an up-to-date backup prior to running it.

On 2017-11-28 20:18, Technical Support, Stalker Labs support@stalker.com wrote:
Hello,
On 28.11.2017 20:46, Palvelin Postmaster postmaster@palvelin.fi wrote:

On 28 Nov 2017, at 19:37, James Moe jimoe@sohnen-moe.com <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com> wrote:

On 11/28/2017 10:09 AM, Palvelin Postmaster postmaster@palvelin.fi wrote:

I even tried resetting it to empty. Nothing works. Any ideas?

  Restart CGPro?

I was able to recover by restoring /var/CommuniGate/Accounts/postmaster.macnt/account.settings from a backup. Somehow the UseAppPassword setting had changed to NO. I didn’t change it intentionally, so I guess it had to be caused by the script somehow.

The script could disable UseAppPassword to prevent the user from logging in while the conversion is in progress. And also it could use KillAccountSessions command to break existing sessions.
However, if the conversion was done by postmaster account session, then an attempt to convert the postmaster itself would mean a suicide.