Mailing List CGatePro@mail.stalker.com Message #106651
From: Nicolas Hatier nicolas.hatier@niversoft.com <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Subject: Re: Postmaster password stopped working
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2017 14:32:45 -0500
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

If you can shut down your server for a relatively short period, using the offline mode of that script is way faster, is able to convert postmaster account without issue, and does not have to mess with account settings.

Nicolas Hatier, ing. <nicolas.hatier@niversoft.com>
Niversoft idées logicielles - http://www.niversoft.com



On 2017-11-29 01:16, Palvelin Postmaster postmaster@palvelin.fi wrote:
Hi,

thanks for the insights Nicolas and Roman!

The script I used is indeed Nicolas’ and, as you said, it does instruct you to backup (which I had). It just took me a while to figure out what had happened and, being so focused on just the password, I initially missed the UseAppPassword setting. And yes, it happened while trying to convert the postmaster account’s mailboxes. They were not converted and the script changes the UseAppPassword to NO. 


On 29 Nov 2017, at 5:43, Nicolas Hatier nicolas.hatier@niversoft.com <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com> wrote:


If the script is the one we wrote, yes, that's exactly what it does. 

This behavior is intended, and the initial script warnings mentions exactly that. However, there may be an overlook on our part that causes the script to convert the specified master account anyway in some cases, though the script also warns (two times!) about having an up-to-date backup prior to running it.

Nicolas Hatier, ing. <nicolas.hatier@niversoft.com>
Niversoft idées logicielles - http://www.niversoft.com



On 2017-11-28 20:18, Technical Support, Stalker Labs support@stalker.com wrote:
Hello, 
On 28.11.2017 20:46, Palvelin Postmaster postmaster@palvelin.fi wrote: 

            
On 28 Nov 2017, at 19:37, James Moe jimoe@sohnen-moe.com <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com> wrote: 

On 11/28/2017 10:09 AM, Palvelin Postmaster postmaster@palvelin.fi wrote: 
I even tried resetting it to empty. Nothing works. Any ideas? 

  Restart CGPro? 
I was able to recover by restoring /var/CommuniGate/Accounts/postmaster.macnt/account.settings from a backup. Somehow the UseAppPassword setting had changed to NO. I didn’t change it intentionally, so I guess it had to be caused by the script somehow. 
The script could disable UseAppPassword to prevent the user from logging in while the conversion is in progress. And also it could use KillAccountSessions command to break existing sessions. 
However, if the conversion was done by postmaster account session, then an attempt to convert the postmaster itself would mean a suicide. 
--
Palvelin.fi Hostmaster
postmaster@palvelin.fi


#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>.
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <CGatePro-off@mail.stalker.com>
To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to <CGatePro-digest@mail.stalker.com>
To switch to the INDEX mode, E-mail to <CGatePro-index@mail.stalker.com>
Send administrative queries to  <CGatePro-request@mail.stalker.com>

Subscribe (FEED) Subscribe (DIGEST) Subscribe (INDEX) Unsubscribe Mail to Listmaster