Mailing List Message #106663
From: Lewis G Rosenthal <>
Subject: Re: What does this Account Rename error message mean?
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2017 13:27:09 -0500
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <>
Hi, James...

On 12/19/17 12:23 pm, James Moe wrote:
   cgpro v6.1.17
   linux 4.4.92-31-default x86_64

   I attempted to rename an account from "info" to "". The error
message below was displayed.
   What does it mean?
   How do I correct it?

"directory record with the specified DN is not found"

This is a long-standing tradition (well, I've had to fix it maybe a half dozen times since 2006 or so). The fix is easy. I suspect the problem occurs during a server crash or other abrupt stoppage of the CGP services, leaving the DS out of sync with the accounts.

Lewis G Rosenthal, CNA, CLP, CLE, CWTS, EA
Rosenthal & Rosenthal, LLC
visit my IT blog