Mailing List Message #106675
From: Nicolas Hatier <>
Subject: Re: Lets Encrypt for CGP on WIndows
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2017 00:39:26 -0500
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <>

The script is designed for PKCS#1. You're using it with PKCS#8.

I'm not sure if CGP CLI commands support PKCS#8 import directly, I never tried.
I suggest you get PKCS#1 keys from letsencrypt, maybe there's a config in the acme script you're using, or you can use openssl commands to convert the files.

Nicolas Hatier, ing. <>
Niversoft idées logicielles -

On 2017-12-26 14:21, Eduard Chesnokov wrote:

I've just tested your script, and need help. All certificates installs correctly except private key. My private key from LetsEncrypt a little bit differs, it starts with -----BEGIN PRIVATE KEY----- and ends with -----END PRIVATE KEY-----.

I changed those lines in your script. It did not help. But when I install key manually from web admin console, it works fine. Any ideas how I can fix this?

Script is quite crude but works well for me:

I wrote a Perl script that uses to configure the new certificate automatically in CGP.

On 2017-09-27 20:56, Shaun Gamble wrote:

Are you manually importing the certificate into CGP each time you renew or are you able to automate issuing the certificate to CGP each time you renew?

On 27/09/2017 4:18 AM, Nicolas Hatier wrote:

I'm doing it with getssl, on windows with cygwin.

Using DNS testing, I had to write a script to update the DNS record at my DNS provider, and another one that update CGP certificates using

Took me about an hour to get it right, and now it's been running without issues for almost a year.

Setup on our linux servers was a lot easier since http testing could be used on those machines, and I simply reused the CGP script from the Windows installation.

Not "hard", but far from being plug and play.

On 2017-09-25 22:40, Shaun Gamble wrote:
CGP 6.1.16

Windows 2012R2

Has anyone managed to set-up Lets Encrypt keys and certificates for CGP? I'm trying to move away from self signed certificates as it is now becoming too hard with FireFox refusing to create a permanent exception.

I am testing with the le64.exe client. Due to the inability to use http testing, I am trying to use DNS testing. It's driving me nuts as the main ISP in Australia still isn't using IPv6 and doesn't allow us to change CAA records.

Fitzroy Island <>
Destination Darwin NT <>
MOM Backpackers <>
Value Inn Hotel <>