From: Palvelin Postmaster postmaster@palvelin.fi <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Subject: Re: account.info broken - Outlook clueless
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 14:57:35 +0200
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

> On 29 Jan 2018, at 10:29, Brian Turnbow b.turnbow@twt.it <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>

>> I had a situation which caused some account.info files to break. I removed
>> the
>> files and CGP seems to be able to rebuild new ones. However, one of my
>> clients who uses MS Outlook (Win) over IMAP complained that ”the folders
>> he
>> has created in Outlook no longer exist”. The actual emails in the client’s
>> account are in tact on the server.
>>
>> I’m not very familiar with Outlook myself. Can this be fixed somehow?
>
> If the folders/mails are present on the server you can create a new profile
> in outlook that will resync everything

Hmm…is creating a new profile in Outlook really the only option?

I have later noticed other problems which I believe have been caused by deleting account.info. For example, all calendar and contacts seem to have transformed into a mailbox (they are visible in my Apple Mail.app but don’t work in Calendar or Contacts). I wonder how I should try to recover? Would it be possible (better, even) to restore older account.info files from a backup or do something else?

--
Palvelin.fi Hostmaster
postmaster@palvelin.fi