From: Palvelin Postmaster postmaster@palvelin.fi <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Subject: Re: account.info broken - Outlook clueless
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 16:12:18 +0200
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

> On 29 Jan 2018, at 15:48, Brian Turnbow b.turnbow@twt.it <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com> wrote:
>
>> I have later noticed other problems which I believe have been caused by
>> deleting account.info. For example, all calendar and contacts seem to have
>> transformed into a mailbox (they are visible in my Apple Mail.app but don’t
>> work in Calendar or Contacts). I wonder how I should try to recover? Would
>> it
>> be possible (better, even) to restore older account.info files from a
>> backup or
>> do something else?
>
> The account info files have other information like sequence of messages for
> airsync , so restoring now could cause other issues.
> If time has passed and new messages have come in and been synced, I'm not
> sure if it is less painfull....
> Maybe Roman or Dmitry can chime in.
> Some of the webmail versions allow you to change the folder type which
> communigate calls "class".
> Otherwise you can do it from cli with  SETMAILBOXCLASS
> If you look in an account.info file you can see what class each folder  has
> assigned such as
> Class=IPF.Task
> Class=IPF.Appointment
> Class=IPF.Contact

Comparing my backup and live account.info files it indeed seems the calendar and contact mailboxes are missing Class=IPF.XXX marking (and Color= too).

Would it be safe to just find all the mailboxes with a ’Class=IPF.[Something]’ in my backup account.info files and use the CLI command to insert the same string to the matching live account.info files?

--
Palvelin.fi Hostmaster
postmaster@palvelin.fi