From: Shaun Gamble listrdr@redco.com.au <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Subject: Re: Outlook 2016 Crashes with MAPI
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 15:37:09 +1000
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Today has been a nightmare.

We had a Windows 10 PC with MSO2016. Outlook would not stop crashing. We uninstalled and reinstalled MSO three times. After the second time we tried installing MSO2013 instead. It would not accept the product key. Yay.

The third time, we did not bother with MAPI. We gave it an Active Sync account with the same CGP server and the problems disappeared.

This will now be our answer for all Outlook 2016 crashing from now on. I am no longer going to bother with MAPI. It is causing too many problems for our sites. Sometimes is not good enough.

About a third of our workstations have now experienced this problem.

On 30/01/2018 10:05 AM, Paul_Dudley pdudley@anl.com.au wrote:
The last I saw was that Stalker had an outstanding request with Microsoft. If Microsoft are unwilling to come to the party then I am not sure what Stalker can do.
It appears that we are moving to O365 later this year we just have to get through the next 6 months or so if it can't be fixed.

Thanks & Regards
Paul