From: Mark J Strawcutter mjstraw@iup.edu <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Subject: Re: Why does a freshly installed CentOS 7.4 / CommuniGate Pro 6.2.1 server only gets a Qualys SSL B grade ?
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 18:39:57 -0500
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
I seem to remember one of the SSL "tests" a while back returned a false positive against CGP.

Mark

On 1/30/2018 6:26 PM, Shaun Gamble listrdr@redco.com.au wrote:
It doesn't work. Many older mail servers will simply not engage mail transfer with you. In our scenario, in the hotel and tourism industry, it would be suicide to not allow weak transfers, included non-encrypted transactions.

On 30/01/2018 8:33 PM, Palvelin Postmaster postmaster@palvelin.fi wrote:

On 30 Jan 2018, at 12:16, Ralf Zenklusen, BAR Informatik AG r.zenklusen@barinformatik.ch <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com> wrote:

But it gets now urgent that the “Send Encrypted” settings is automated.
That means that CGate (if configured to do so) will use “plain stmp” if “encrypted” will not work.
Obviously that would most probably mean that you could disable the “use weak ciphers” and get a better SSL rating.
I didn’t know of this change. Has anyone tried to disable it and see how that works in the real world?

-- Palvelin.fi Hostmaster
postmaster@palvelin.fi