From: Brian Turnbow b.turnbow@twt.it <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Subject: RE: Archival solutions
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2018 10:47:23 +0200
To: 'CommuniGate Pro Discussions' <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Hi,

It also depends what you are archiving for.
Compliance, space savings, user message management and retrieval (ie end
users can search and recover email by themselves)  etc.
So I would start with what are your goals?

We use Mailspect that gives us compliance and a nice end user web
management.
https://www.mailspect.com/email-archive
and it is easy to integrate in communigate via helper
http://wiki.mailspect.com/index.php/CommuniGate_PRO

Which is not that expensive and performs well.
All you need is an external linux server with the disk space necessary for
your archive.
It does not however free up space  on the production server and that needs
to be done in another matter.
Which can be easily automated as the end user can find what is needed in the
archive.

For home grown stuff you can also look into using  the "legal intercept"
feature
http://www.stalker.com/CommuniGatepro/Intercept.html
to send mail to an account or external server.

Brian