From: Palvelin Postmaster postmaster@palvelin.fi <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Subject: Involuntary deletion of deleted messsages
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2018 08:26:38 +0300
To: <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Hi,

I have suffered from a weird phenomena with one of my mail accounts. Deleted messages mailbox get erased even though I have specifically set all my mail clients (Apple Mail and iOS Mail) to NOT erase them. It would appear this happens infrequently/periodically instead of e.g. when quitting mail client. For example, today the oldest message in my Deleted Messages mailbox is Apr 25th. This doesn’t happen with my other accounts with identical settings.

My Users > Domains > mydomain.dom > Account Defaults > Mail Settings > Erase Deleted Messages = Default(No). Also Users > Domains > mydomain.dom > Objects > myaccount > Mail > Mail Settings > Erase Deleted Messages = Default(No).

Obviously it’s possible I have missed some setting somewhere, but where? What can cause this and how can I pinpoint the cause? Is it possible the cause is a hidden (legacy) setting somewhere in CGP settings files which isn’t visible through the admin UI?

--
Palvelin.fi Hostmaster
postmaster@palvelin.fi