From: Andre Mueller andre.mueller@himmel-blau.com <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Subject: [CGP] SMPT Receiving Option "Reverse Connect" and backscatter
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2018 12:54:29 +0200
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

CGP : 6.2.4 : Linux SuSE

Hello,

For a very long time we have had enabled the SMTP-receiving Verify-Option "Reverse Connect".

Now we have one Server-IP/Domain that seems to be listed in the backscatterer DB and we learned on the backscatterer.org site, that reverse testing of an sending email-address for its existence (Sender Verify) is "problematic".

Thus we are wondering, if it would be wise to disable on ours CGPs the "Reverse Connect" option?

Many thanks in advance for any advice and best regards,

André