From: Bret Miller <bret.miller@wcg.org>
Subject: RE: Wrong sort order, with MAPI/Outlook and shared contacts
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 10:02:08 -0700
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
> Like explained in a previous message, our client has a
> "public" account
> which shares a "Geral" contacts folder to anybody in the company.
>
> We just noticed that Outlook doesn't sort the contacts correctly,
> leaving all the accentuated names at the end. Something like:
>
> Ana Dias
> Ana Pais
> Bruno Rocha
> Zilma Cosa
> Įguas de Gaia
> Įlvaro da Costa
>
> Our client says he didn't have this problem before, with Exchange, is
> this a CommuniGate Pro MAPI bug ?

I expect that CGPro applies a strict ASCII sort order, so nothing special is done to make accented characters sort with their unaccented partners. I'm not sure what CGPro can do to make Outlook sort differently. But if Exchange does it, there must be a "sort name" in the winmail.dat that goes along with the contact item. Maybe the developers could figure out how to remove accents and supply the sort name...

Bret