From: Wael Shahin <wael.shahin@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Outbound routing for a specific domain using a specific ipaddress...
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 12:43:45 +0300
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
On Thu, 2007-07-19 at 10:27 +0100, Mike Cardwell wrote:

> You're making a lot of assumptions there.
That is true, since I don't have sufficient information.
> The entire /24 one of my
> machines is on was blacklisted for a few days recently because
> someone sharing the same network as me was spamming.
This is not your mistake it is a mistake of the company that blacklisted
the whole /24 and your ISP for not taking proper action against
spammers.
>  I asked my
> provider to give me another IP outside of that range whilst they
> sorted out the customer so I could use it for outgoing mail. Within 10
> minutes of spotting the issue I was up and running again.
Then again I will not consider this to be a standard.
Misconfiguration happens and workarounds are needed most of the times
but your case is not the same for everyone.

> Mike

^Wael