From: Kirk Gleason <kgleason@finelight.com>
Subject: XMPP
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 12:31:00 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Hello all,
  We are testing an XMPP deployment in a mixed Mac & PC environment, and I am seeing some very weird behavior ...

1. I am receiving duplicate messages from everyone.
2. The usernames do not show up in a consistent manner.
3. I get messages from people who are showing as offline in my buddy list.

I have tried several different clients (AdiumX, Fire, PSI, Spark), all with the same results.

Does anyone have any ideas about what could be going on? Does any one have any client that they would recommend for windows XP and OS X? Does anyone know if there is a way to turn off the approving of buddies? Is there a way that we can set up groups on the server side that are pushed through to the clients? (Wildfire Jabber server supports this kind of thing, but I would rather not purchase more software when we already have CGate with XMPP functionality).

--
Kirk Gleason
IT Manager