From: Jonn R Taylor <jonnt@taylortelephone.com>
Subject: Re: XMPP LDAP authentication
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 23:02:26 -0500
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Sambedi Fahted wrote:
Hola CGate Community:
 I've got CGATE Version 5.1.10 installed. We're able to get Outlook (MAPI) clients and webmail clients authenticated via the authLDAP.pl, but XMPP clients aren't being authenticated via LDAP. I tail my ldap server logs and no searches appear -and in the CGate logs I get this error:

17:28:41.143 1 EXTAUTH user@domainname.com(XMPP) SASL password is incorrect

By default, Communigate passwords are disabled, but when I enable my Communigate password and use it, XMPP login succeeds.
Is there a way to get XMPP to authenticate through LDAP?

Thanks for your help.

-sam

Under Users --> Domain Defaults --> Login Methods un-check the CRAM-MD5
box. This controls SASL auth for Pronto. You can not use SASL with authLDAP.

Jonn