From: Sambedi Fahted <sfahted@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: XMPP LDAP authentication
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 07:44:42 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Thanks John,
Unfortunately that didn't work.
I'm using the Pidgin IM client and the error on the client side is simply: Invalid Authzid
And I'm still getting this error from Cgate logs:
07:35:08.335 1 EXTAUTH user@domainname.com(XMPP) SASL password is incorrect
07:35:08.335 1 ACCOUNT(user) login(XMPP) from [xx.xx.xx.xx](TLS) failed. Error Code=incorrect password

Under the XMPP Listener settings, I turned the "Init SSL/TLS" on, but it didn't make a difference. With that, I had to force the client to use the "old" port 5223 SSL, but the end result was the same as above. Only when I enabled my Communigate password was I able to successfully authenticate.

On 8/9/07, Jonn R Taylor <jonnt@taylortelephone.com> wrote:
Sambedi Fahted wrote:
> Hola CGate Community:
>  I've got CGATE Version 5.1.10 installed. We're able to get Outlook
> (MAPI) clients and webmail clients authenticated via the authLDAP.pl,
> but XMPP clients aren't being authenticated via LDAP. I tail my ldap
> server logs and no searches appear -and in the CGate logs I get this error:
>
> 17:28:41.143 1 EXTAUTH user@domainname.com(XMPP) SASL password is incorrect
>
> By default, Communigate passwords are disabled, but when I enable my
> Communigate password and use it, XMPP login succeeds.
> Is there a way to get XMPP to authenticate through LDAP?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> -sam

Under Users --> Domain Defaults --> Login Methods un-check the CRAM-MD5
box. This controls SASL auth for Pronto. You can not use SASL with authLDAP.

Jonn