From: Todd Schuldt <TSCHULD@kirkwood.edu>
Subject: Re: Return path bypass
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 10:51:51 -0500
To: <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Nope - no joy.

The router entry didn't work and even changing the return-path verification to "nobody" didn't work.

Todd Schuldt
Senior System Administrator
Kirkwood Community College

>>> pleye@sixco.ae 08/10/07 12:49AM >>>
Todd,

There are a number of things that you could be part of your solution.

You could start with creating a router entry in your routing list:
<Energy_Management_System> = somerealaccount@yourdomain.dom

To test this, without waiting for your remote monitor to send data, you
could download/buy one of the SMTP Tool softwares which allow you to make
all sorts of test SMTP messages, by manually entering "from", and "return
path" and "to" etc..
Here is an example: http://www.simplecomtools.com/smtptesttool.html, there
are others

Is your remote monitor on a static IP?
Then add it on your CGPro list of client IP addresses, and it will probably
skip checking of you return-path, but this needs to be looked at together
with following:

In you Settings / Mail / SMTP / Receiving, have a look at 'Verify Return
Path', and make sure it's set to check non-clients only.

Best regards,

Peter Leye