From: Wayde Nie <wayde@nie.ca>
Subject: Re: CGatePro 4.1.8 on Debian 4...
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 06:36:26 -0700
To: <CGatePro>
On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 16:41:44 -0400
 "Bissonnette, David - MBLNet.com" <dbissonn@mblnet.com> wrote:
Having troubles, new to Linux not new to CGate. I'm trying to move my
windows install to a Debian 4 install.   I downloaded
CGatePro-Linux-Intel-418.tgz unpacked it to /usr/src, root terminaled to the
directory and sh install.sh to install.  Looking at the install.sh some
directories it's looking for are not there.
So any help would be great.

Thanks.

I've recently installed CG-5.1.11 on Ubuntu, a debian derivative. For the installer to work I had to make the following changes (probably the same as Debian):

< RCDIR="/etc"
< STARTSCRIPTS="/etc/init.d"

The other issue I found with Ubuntu was it's different use of the 'standard' runlevels. Everything runs in 2, so I had to fixup the /etc/rc2.d links to get CG to startup at boot time. I don't *think* Debian proper has this issue...

Other than that, CG-5.1.11 has been running quite well on Ubuntu fiesty fawn...

--
Wayde Nie.