Mailing List Message #92288
From: Wayde Nie <>
Subject: Re: CGatePro 4.1.8 on Debian 4...
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 06:36:26 -0700
To: <CGatePro>
On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 16:41:44 -0400
 "Bissonnette, David -" <> wrote:
Having troubles, new to Linux not new to CGate. I'm trying to move my
windows install to a Debian 4 install.   I downloaded
CGatePro-Linux-Intel-418.tgz unpacked it to /usr/src, root terminaled to the
directory and sh to install.  Looking at the some
directories it's looking for are not there.
So any help would be great.

I've recently installed CG-5.1.11 on Ubuntu, a debian derivative. For the installer to work I had to make the following changes (probably the same as Debian):

< RCDIR="/etc"
< STARTSCRIPTS="/etc/init.d"

The other issue I found with Ubuntu was it's different use of the 'standard' runlevels. Everything runs in 2, so I had to fixup the /etc/rc2.d links to get CG to startup at boot time. I don't *think* Debian proper has this issue...

Other than that, CG-5.1.11 has been running quite well on Ubuntu fiesty fawn...

Wayde Nie.