From: Tom Betz <stalker@greyston.org>
Subject: Re: SpamHaus listing of CommuniGate servers
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 11:21:15 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Gilles;

The sort of listing you describe is inconsistent with the policies of
the CBL, as it does no probing or testing, and would therefore not know or care about your mail host's HELO response.

What IP address are we talking about here?

Gilles Depeyrot wrote:
Hi,

Our domain has been listed in SpamHaus CBL for incorrect HELO name response. Is anyone else having this problem as well?

Stalker support replied that "According to the RFC2821 the HELO domain and reverse DNS entry mismatch should be used only for logging purposes", that SpamHaus was wrong and that nothing would be changed in Communigate Server (which means that we can not be delisted without SpamHaus changing their policy).

This is pretty critical and any help is appreciated.

Best regards,
Gilles

--
Tom Betz, System Administrator