From: Gilles Depeyrot <gsd@dolphin.fr>
Subject: Re: SpamHaus listing of CommuniGate servers
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 17:26:41 +0200
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Hi Tom,

The mail server is for the dolphin.fr domain (213.244.14.202).

Fixing the PTR record issue noted by Stefan at our DNS hoster solved the problem and we are no longer listed.

Best regards,
Gilles

Tom Betz wrote:
The sort of listing you describe is inconsistent with the policies of
the CBL, as it does no probing or testing, and would therefore not care
about your mail host's HELO response.

What IP address are we talking about here?

Gilles Depeyrot wrote:
Hi,

Our domain has been listed in SpamHaus CBL for incorrect HELO name response. Is anyone else having this problem as well?

Stalker support replied that "According to the RFC2821 the HELO domain and reverse DNS entry mismatch should be used only for logging purposes", that SpamHaus was wrong and that nothing would be changed in Communigate Server (which means that we can not be delisted without SpamHaus changing their policy).

This is pretty critical and any help is appreciated.

Best regards,
Gilles

--
Gilles Depeyrot - MEDAL Business Manager

DOLPHIN Integration
"The Enabler of mixed signal Systems-on-Chip"
BP 65 Inovallée F-38240 Meylan FRANCE
Tel: +33 (0)476 41 74 01
Fax: +33 (0)476 90 29 65
mailto:gsd@dolphin-integration.com