From: Technical Support <support@stalker.com>
Subject: Re: XIMSS contactAppend adds a \ to the full name
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 17:34:22 +0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Hello,

Bret Miller wrote:
XIMSS has been more frustrating than helpful in my current project due to missing features, and now a bug... Perhaps this is a known issue already, but I'm trying to add a contact, and it seems like CGPro is escaping a comma when it doesn't need to be escaped thus adding a \ to the middle of the full name.

This is bug is not specific to XIMSS, that's the server core that escapes commas incorrectly. hey should be escaped in vCard format, but the core does not remove them as it should while converting data to XML.

This is already fixed for the very next build. If you need that urgently, please write to support@communigate.com and let us know the platform (OS/processor)where you will run that.

I'm adding:

<contactAppend id="a1104" folder="mycontacts"><vCard>
<NAME>Worldwide News (AUS)</NAME>
<N><FAMILY>(AUS)</FAMILY><GIVEN>Worldwide News</GIVEN><MIDDLE></MIDDLE><PREFIX></PREFIX><SUFFIX></SUFFIX></N>
<EMAIL><INTERNET /><USERID>aus.worldwide.news@wcg.org</USERID></EMAIL>
<TITLE></TITLE>
<LOCATION>Australia/New Zealand/Asia</LOCATION>
<TEL><WORK /><VOICE /><MSG /><NUMBER></NUMBER></TEL>
<TEL><CELL /><VOICE /><MSG /><NUMBER></NUMBER></TEL>
</vCard></contactAppend>

The actual item that gets added looks like this: