From: Technical Support <support@stalker.com>
Subject: Re: XIMSS: Reading a Contacts folder
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 17:42:17 +0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Hello,

Bret Miller wrote:
I see a nice function to add items to a Contacts folder, but there is no function to read the items?? Or update them?? I understand reading can be done manually (I think) by reading through the "messages" in the folder and then using HTTP to retrieve the attached vcard and manually parsing it. It just seems like more work than I should have to do when using this kind of API.

There's no need to retrieve vCard parts via HTTP. A <folderRead /> on a contact item will give you the XML representation of the vCard data.

And to update, I can remove the existing item and append a new one.

But I could do those things before via IMAP protocol. XIMSS seems to make this more complex, not less.

With XIMSS you can work with a Contact item in a uniform manner - as with an XML object. Plus, you can use the replacesUID flag to automatically remove the old copy of the object.

Am I missing something obvious?

Bret

--
Best regards,