From: William Pratt <billp@billpratt.net>
Subject: Re: CLI commands and queues
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 12:39:34 -0700
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
I actually requested (long ago) to have the RejectQueueMessage call added, and with a lot of convincing, was able to get it added. I was told at the time that this was not something they really wanted to do nor something they will support. With that said, it is very easy using common unix tools to automate the rejection of messages. Since all of the message file names are the message id, minus the .msg, a simple grep can give you a list. We used many automated cron jobs to do rejection based on spam subjects, etc using grep and a one line Perl script to strip off the .msg.

As far as the ReleaseSMTPQueue command, the queueName is simply the domain name. If you want to release the queue for yahoo, jut do ReleaseSMTPQueue('yahoo.com'), or a simple ETRN will do exactly the same thing.

Hope this helps a bit.
-Bill

Jeff Wark wrote:
This is perhaps a feature request or a silly question.

On the CLI page there are the following two commands:

*snip*
ReleaseSMTPQueue(queueName)
Example:
    $cli->ReleaseSMTPQueue('mail.domain.com')
    || die "Can't release queue: ".$cli->getErrMessage;

RejectQueueMessage(messageID [,errorText])
Example:
    $cli->RejectQueueMessage('123456','your message is rejected')
    || die "Can't reject message: ".$cli->getErrMessage;
*snip*

Are there any commands available [or in development] that would generate a list of current waiting/active queues or message ID's in a specific queue [for rejection purposes]?

My idea is that the programmable interface should be at least as capable, if not more capable than the webadmin interface.

So, my simple request is to have these Queue manipulation commands available so I don't have to use a mouse.

Thank you and have a great day.

Jeff Wark
TBayTel Internet

Sincerely,