Mailing List Message #93313
From: Tom Rymes <>
Subject: URL redirection and ProxyPass [was: RE: Which port(s) for AirSync?]
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 12:56:01 -0500
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <>

I know this slightly off-topic, but I imagine this is a topic of
interest to many on the list.

I have tried implementing this for our setup, but I was trying to
redirect /webmail to the :9100 port. That port is opened on our
firewall, and you can access it normally by typing . All works normally. I entered the
following in /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:

ProxyPass /webmail
ProxyPassReverse /webmail

This does not work as expected when browsing to; I get a web page stating "No such
page or directory". I get an internal server error if I use http://
instead of https://. I tried to add these lines to the
/etc/httpd.conf/conf.d/ssl.conf, but that does not work, either.

If I substitute the non-ssl port instead (ie: ProxyPass /webmail that brings up the login page, but you are
dropped out to our main webpage ( once you

The ProxyPass feature works just fine when I substitute a different page
that is not on a different port.

Any thoughts appreciated.