From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymesheating.com>
Subject: Windows Messenger issues after upgrade to 5.1.13
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 12:18:16 -0500
To: <cgatepro@stalker.com>
Hi there,

We have been happily using Windows Messenger (5.0 and 5.1) as an IM client with CGPro ever since SIP functionality was added. I recently upgraded to CGP 5.1 from 5.0 and our IM service is acting quite funny.

In Messenger, where everything worked normally before, users' status (available, busy, away) is not displayed properly. Users' bussy lists also seem truncated, and they are unable to add a new contact unless they first remove them.

We currently point the messenger client at the internal IP address of our server (192.168.0.X) and that has always worked, but configuring port forwarding on our router and pointing the clients at the domain name seems to have no effect, either. This is true for both local clients and those connected via the internet. (Clients are spread across 8 offices and have been using IPSec tunnels up to now. )

Signing in and sending IMs work just fine, so long as you right-click on the Messenger Icon, choose "Send an Instant Message" and then click the "other" tab and enter the person's e-mail.

Has anyone got any ideas as to what is causing this? It's particularly frustrating, because Messenger has always just worked with the older versions of CGP, no muss, no fuss.