From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymesheating.com>
Subject: Re: Windows Messenger issues after upgrade to 5.1.13
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 12:35:51 -0500
To: <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 12:18:16 -0500
 "Tom Rymes" <trymes@rymesheating.com> wrote:
Hi there,

We have been happily using Windows Messenger (5.0 and 5.1) as an IM client with CGPro ever since SIP functionality was added. I recently upgraded to CGP 5.1 from 5.0 and our IM service is acting quite funny.

In Messenger, where everything worked normally before, users' status (available, busy, away) is not displayed properly. Users' bussy lists also seem truncated, and they are unable to add a new contact unless they first remove them.

[snip]

Hate to reply to my own message, but I have resolved (AFAICT) part of my problem. In the account defaults settings in CGPro setup, the roster limit was set to 20, which was what screwed up our existing buddy lists (by truncating them to 20), and is what kept users from adding users to their buddy lists. Presence (away, online, offline, etc) is still wonky at best, so I'm curious if anyone has insights on that.

Tom

PS: Sending this via Pronto, which is exciting. Once it runs via standalone, adobe RIP (or whatever) I will consider replacing MAPI with it.