From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymesheating.com>
Subject: Two gotchas with upgrade from 5.0 to 5.1
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 15:53:43 -0500
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Folks,

I thought I would send a message to the list about problems I encountered when I recently got around to renewing our license and moving from Communigate Pro 5.0 to 5.1. Everything went smoothly, with two exceptions:

1.) Windows messenger 5.0 refused to allow logons (it crashed at logon), and windows messenger 5.1 only allowed 20 entries in each user's contact list. New contacts could not be added by anyone, and presence information was completely inaccurate. This problem was solved by changing the account defaults to allow 300 entries in each user's SIP Roster. (Users tab, then account defaults tab. This can also be changed in the account defaults tab for each domain, so check there, too. ) I don't believe that this setting was present in versions of CGP earlier than 5.1, so anyone else upgrading might run into this problem.

2.) On one account (Mine) I received an error when using Outlook and the MAPI Connector. Whenever I tried to send mail from Outlook, I received an error of "Operation failed. An object could not be found." I checked to make sure that the account had all of the proper calendar, tasks, etc folders defined in the web interface, but that did not solve the problem. I did notice, however, that there was no folder in Outlook that was designated as the "Deleted Items" folder (No folder had the "Recylce Bin" icon). Just to clarify, I have both a deleted items and a trash folder, but they both had normal folder icons in Outlook, not the special recylce bin folder that the designated trash folder has. To fix this, I went into the account and changed the "Message Delete Method" to "Move to Trash" I then selected the proper folder to use for trash and everything worked fine from there on out. Stragely, I did not have this problem on any other accounts, so I don't know why it happened.

Anyhow, I wanted to ship off this message so that anyone else struggling with the same problems might find this message via google.