From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymesheating.com>
Subject: Minor bug/issue in arabic webskin?
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 17:13:38 -0500
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Folks,

I was playing with our recently upgraded 5.1.14 version of CGP and noticed that there is an anomoly in the Arabic webskin. All of the other webskins have "(English)" after the local name in the front page of the web interface. For instance, the spanish page says "Inglés (English)". However, for the poor unsuspecting soul who clicks on the arabic language link, there is no way of knowing which link will get him/her back to the English interface page, thus requiring him/her to close the browser and reopen the page.

More to the point, it doesn't make sense to have all of the various languages translated on each different interface page. If the main login page is set to Thai, say, and I want Spanish, I won't know what link to click on, because I don't speak Thai. Wouldn't it make sense to have each of the language links display in their native name? That way, Spanish speakers would click on "Español" to change to the Spanish translation, not "Spanish". This would have the nice side-effect of reducing the amount of translation for each webskin, since those links are always the same on each login page.

Just a thought,