From: Bob <bob@maxboostracing.com>
Subject: Re: Windows or Linux
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 17:29:44 -0500
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
*This message was transferred with a trial version of CommuniGate(r) Pro*
Its funny you mention that, I had the exact opposite problem. Im a unix person (SUN Solaris) and had cgate running on it for years. However it would just occasionally stop for no reason, and nothing in the logs. I eventually had to write a cron job to make sure it was started every night.  A few months ago I switched to the new version, and migrated to win 2003 server R2 and its been rock solid ever since. It almost pains me to say that since Im really a unix geek as I say, but I have to be honest, its been solid.

Bob

Gator wrote:
*This message was transferred with a trial version of CommuniGate(r) Pro*
I need some advice.  I'm about halfway through switching CGPro over to Windows 2003 Server from Fedora Core 2.  And I'm also upgrading CGPro to 5.0.14.  The problem is that in the past few days while Windows has been running, the service has died about 4 times.  I have services set to restart automatically, but it doesn't so I have to go in and manually restart.  I've run in Linux for about 4 years with almost no problem.

The real question is - am I making a huge mistake by going to Windows?  I would love to hear the wisdom of this forum before I continue.  I need a rock solid system that I don't have to babysit each day.

Thanks - Jack