From: Jim Steil <jim@qlf.com>
Subject: Re: Windows or Linux
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 16:36:26 -0600
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
We ran CG Pro on an AS/400 for about 7 years before moving it to a Linux platform about 1 year ago even though we run about 5 other Windows 2003 servers for other things.  CGP has never given me any troubles on any platform, but I've never even tried it on Windows.

   -Jim

Gator wrote:
I need some advice.  I'm about halfway through switching CGPro over to Windows 2003 Server from Fedora Core 2.  And I'm also upgrading CGPro to 5.0.14.  The problem is that in the past few days while Windows has been running, the service has died about 4 times.  I have services set to restart automatically, but it doesn't so I have to go in and manually restart.  I've run in Linux for about 4 years with almost no problem.

The real question is - am I making a huge mistake by going to Windows?  I would love to hear the wisdom of this forum before I continue.  I need a rock solid system that I don't have to babysit each day.

Thanks - Jack