From: Urban Loesch <bind@enas.net>
Subject: Re: Windows or Linux
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 10:39:21 +0100
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Hi,

we are running CGP on Linux RHEL 4 for about 4 years now. Never had any problems.
In front of CGP we have 2 Postfix servers for fighting spam etc. running on Debian Etch 64 bit. No problems with them too.

We have never tried out running CGP on Windows.

Regards
Urban

Gator wrote:
I need some advice.  I'm about halfway through switching CGPro over to Windows 2003 Server from Fedora Core 2.  And I'm also upgrading CGPro to 5.0.14.  The problem is that in the past few days while Windows has been running, the service has died about 4 times.  I have services set to restart automatically, but it doesn't so I have to go in and manually restart.  I've run in Linux for about 4 years with almost no problem.

The real question is - am I making a huge mistake by going to Windows?  I would love to hear the wisdom of this forum before I continue.  I need a rock solid system that I don't have to babysit each day.

Thanks - Jack