From: Aaron <aaron@madpoo.com>
Subject: RE: Windows or Linux
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 04:49:11 -0800
To: 'CommuniGate Pro Discussions' <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Just to chime in, we're running our CGP on Windows Server 2003, and the only
time we ever had problems was when we were running SpamAssassin on there
(it just caused other problems and had a pretty high CPU utilization).

As far as CGP itself, on older 4.x versions of CGP we'd experience the
occasional random failure, but since moving to 5.0/5.1, we haven't seen
those.  If it weren't for installing routine patches to the OS or the server
itself (Proliant firmware updates) we'd really never have to worry about it.

I guess it kind of comes down to what your comfort level is.  If you're an
all Windows shop, don't be afraid of running it on a Windows machine.  If
you don't mind working with a Unix variant, then you'll be pleased with the
performance there as well.