From: Urban Loesch <bind@enas.net>
Subject: Re: SMTP Mail receiving
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 16:02:19 +0100
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Hi,

same problem here.
Solution: subdomains are pointing to our spamfilters, but they are excluded from filtering and all spam is passing through.
We blacklisted the hole internet (0.0.0.1 - 255.255.255.255) on CGPro (expect spamfilter frontends, etc.). Client-IPs and authenticated Users
are bypassing the blacklist option, so they can relay via port 25 without problems.

Regards
Urban

Johnston, Wayne wrote:
CGP 5.0.13 on AS/400 V5R3.

The SMTP address for our Main domain is shared with some of our smaller
subdomains.  I'm wondering if there is a way to restrict the SMTP mail
on that address to allow only our SPAM filter in for our main domain
while not making the same requirement for the sub domains.  Some of the
subdomains have chosen not to come through the spam filter.

What I'm finding is that spammers are sending to us directly and
circumnavigating the Spam filter.  Thank you
Wayne Johnston
Ripon Medical Center