From: Timothy King <TKing13@aol.com>
Subject: Disappearing mail
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 19:54:44 -0600
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
I have been having periodic problems where users complain that messages have
been disappearing from their accounts. And from what I could tell, they
weren't deleted by the user (using Apple Mail) since they don't get deleted
directly through that method & they don't show up when I look at their
webmail. But now the President of the company is having problems with mail
not being delivered; Apple Mail shows the messages in his Sent folder, but
webmail shows NO messages in the Sent Messages folder (which is VERY
strange). And now the CEO is having problems with mail disappearing as well.

This had seemed to be fairly isolated problems, but now it's affecting top
executives & it MUST be resolved. I am not sure what I can do from a
troubleshooting standpoint, and the CommuniGate Pro Guide doesn't seem to
address this type of issue at all. In fact, I haven't been able to find any
information in it about general server (or user mailbox) maintenance.

My server is a dual-1 GHz PowerMac G4 with 2 GB of RAM running MacOS X
10.4.11 & CommuniGate Pro 4.2.10.

It is really critical that I can find a way to resolve these issues. Ideally
I would be able to retrieve the lost information (I won't hold my breath),
but I would be reasonably happy with making sure that the problems don't
continue.

Tim King
Towers Productions Help Desk