From: <wayne@hamilton.net>
Subject: Stopping mass webmail sending. GetSession Fails
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 13:28:08 -0600
To: <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

I have an issue where do to poor choice of passwords by my customers. That every couple of weeks some spammers get a username and password for one of our users and connects using webmail and starts sending tons of junk email. The only answer I can come up with is to parse the log file and add up the number of recipients and set a max number and when it is exceeded then change the password and kill the connection.

Now the problem is that if I have the username and try to use GetSession it fails. I have also tried GetWebUserSession. So if someone has a better way to do this or has got GetSession to work and has an example that would be great.

I’m running perl 5.8.8 on FreeBSD with CommuniGate 5.1.13

Wayne