From: Todd Schuldt <tschuld@kirkwood.edu>
Subject: RE: MAx RAM in a system
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 15:06:52 -0500
To: 'CommuniGate Pro Discussions' <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Oopps - hit send too fast....

For 70 users your ram usage is about right - I ran 175 accounts with no issues for years on a Linux box with 768M of ram on a Dell PowerEdge and a PIII-800 CPU.

RAM is cheap though nowadays - The difference between 2G of ECC and 4G of ECC is $250 for the college - Here we don't buy anything less than a single dual core with 4G

Oh and the 3.5ish ram limitation you are thinking of under 32 bit might be Windows XP's funky limit

Todd Schuldt
Senior System Administrator
Kirkwood Community College
(319) 398-5899 x5763