From: Paul Chauvet <chauvetp@newpaltz.edu>
Subject: Re: your mail is dropped for exceeding max decompression limit?
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 16:37:35 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Hi Derek,

Unfortunately not running CGP 4.x anymore I'm not sure what help you can
get in this situation from Stalker on that version but here's my two
cents.

Are you running any external filters on CGP for virus and spam scanning?
Do you know how they handle compressed files like .zips?

Do you have some content filter that is in between CGP and your clients
(either the clients directly connect to the intermediary device, or the
intermediary device is intercepting connections?).  Is the client local
to you or are they connecting from somewhere more likely to have some
sort of intermediary device (like hotels)?

Is it reproducible always or just with certain messages/attachment
types?  If its reproducible can you add a new listener for SMTP on some
random port (2500 or something) and have the client connect on this?

It really seems to me that something other than CGP and the client is in
between and is causing this error.

I'm sorry for the million questions - just trying to get more
informaiton.

Paul Chauvet
UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator
State University of New York at New Paltz
845-257-3828
chauvetp@newpaltz.edu