From: Shaun Gamble <listrdr@redco.com.au>
Subject: Re: Windows Mobile 5 and AirSync
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 09:43:58 +0930
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Martin.Hepworth wrote:
Shaun

I've found that redirecting the ports on firewalls doesn't work well at all.

It HAS to be port 80 and/or 443 for airsync to work. Why you wouldn't want to use 443 of course is your desciscion, but I wouldn't want all my email flowing clear text over mobile networks..

I was using port 80 for testing only (it's not easy importing a custom cert into WM5). However I have solved this problem. AirSync, as it stands, will not work with redirection. I really don't use port 443 on the server (all secure transactions now take place on third party machines). So I changed the SSL port for IIS to another port and added 443 to CGP. AirSync now works like a charm over a secure port.

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator