From: Wayde Nie <wayde@nie.ca>
Subject: Re: PRI/T1 gateway for SIP any suggestions?
Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 08:25:32 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
On Mon, 2008-05-05 at 15:43 -0500, Lightology Postmaster wrote:
> We are in process of setting up SIP with CGP and GrandStream phones
> and I need some suggestions for a 2x PRI/T1 gateway to support 100-150
> users. Also any suggestions on hardware load for adding SIP. we
> currently have an IBM 346 with 2x3Ghz processors 3Gb ram and 6 scsi
> drives running CGP with Mapi for about 100 accounts.

I had good luck with the VegaStream Vega400. We only needed the 1 PRI
model, but there are models that can handle up to 4 PRI's.

Our only problem was that it sent connection info in the SIP INVITE as a
fully qualified domain name by default, which CGP didn't like... We
found a setting under 'Advanced SIP' called (IIRC): 'use fqdn'. We
unchecked the setting and things have been working fine ever since...

As for CGP, we haven't done any rigorous load tested yet, but we're
running a small office without any trouble so far on a single Core2Duo
2.2 GHz with only 512MB (allocated to the xen VM from 4G). We expect to
have to raise this shortly ;), but it's working fine for now...

It depends on what you intend to do, but CGP's pretty lean! If I had to
make an (almost completely) unsupported guess, I'd guess you're ok with
your box...

Hope it helps,
Wayde.