From: Urs Gruetzner <ugruetzner@ems.ch>
Subject: Timeout POP Connection
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 09:13:23 +0200
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
We are collecting Mail from our CGP Server into a Filemaker 5.5/6
Database with the MailIt POP Plug-in.

Works so far OK. The problem is:

- MailIt downloads the mail and then decodes the attachments. The
decoding algorithm is slow, it can take 5-10 minutes to decode a 10 MB
attachment. We can live with that issue (not many mails, download mostly
during the night), the problem is, that the Plug-In as POP Client gets
disconnected from the server and becomes "disordered". That means at the
next connection it is detecting the mail account falsely as empty.
Subsequent downloads will only be done, when the Filemaker application
(with the Plug-in) is restarted.

I am looking with the supplier of the plug-in to have this problem solved.

A workaround would be to increase the time-out time of CGP for a POP
connection, but have not found out yet where this value is stored and
can be modified.

Thanks for help

Urs