From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymesheating.com>
Subject: Re: auto MAPI update [was: Mac Groupware requests [was: Re: General Questions]]
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 11:52:29 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
On Jun 11, 2008, at 2:38 AM, Charles Trevor wrote:

Tom Rymes wrote:
Can you folks specify to an idiot like myself how, exactly, I get from the MSI file on the FTP site to automatic updates for non-admin users?
Sorry if this is painfully obvious....
Tom
Samba PDC - Win2k and XP clients

<snip>

Hi Tom,

Martin was talking about using Group Policy Objects in Active Directory to publish the software to clients (I'm pretty sure). Looking at your sig that may not be an option for you if your using Samba though, unless it can do GPOs?

HTH

Charlie

Thank you, Charlie. That is the information that I was looking for. We are running Samba, so absent some fancy setup work here (if even that), using GPOs is not an option. We don't have any windows servers here, but our main software vendor keeps rolling out add-on features that require a separate windows machine. I keep thinking of adding a Windows server, via VMWare or a physical box. One more thing to maybe push me in that direction. (Much as I hate the idea....)