From: Wayne Gamble <rfecgate@rfe.net>
Subject: Re: Synchronising Communigate Calendar with Google Calendar
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 07:27:21 -0500
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Or busysync from http://www.busymac.com

On Jul 27, 2008, at 6:09 AM, Postmaster wrote:

If the clients are OS X (Leopard) this could perhaps be used : http://spanningsync.com/

/Leif Carlsson

27 jul 2008 kl. 12.55 skrev Niall O Broin:

I recently submitted a question to tech. support about this, asking:

Is there any way of synchronising Communigate's Calendar with Google Calendar with the current version of Communigate Pro i.e. so that new events in one calendar get replicated to the other? I know that Communigate will now accept emailed invites from Google - this isn't what I mean. I'm looking for something less manual.

and the answer I received was

It's possible to retrieve events from the Google calendar in the iCal format using private URLs. Then, you can import the resulting basic.ics file into CGPro calendar folder through the WebUser interface or by HTTP PUTting it through /CalendarData/ realm (Please see <http://www.communigate.com/CommuniGatePro/CalDAV.html#ICS>).

This answer is technically fine, but I know it's not the solution the customer who asked is looking for (because of course he wants magic, as they all do). He'd like to somehow be able to link his Communigate Calendar and a google calendar so that when he made a change in one, it got replicated to the other, and ideally this linking should be bi-directional.

Have any of you come up with a solution for something like this?

Kindest regards,

Niall  O Broin