From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymesheating.com>
Subject: Re: CGP 5.2.x and Blackberries?
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 22:25:22 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
On Jul 28, 2008, at 4:29 PM, Mac OS X Server Administrator wrote:

Hi,

We don't have very many accounts in our CGP set-up, and we have our
first customer asking about using their Blackberry (can't stand the
things, personally; I like my iPhone). I've seen the endless
complaints about CGP's Blackberry support -- or lack thereof -- but my
question is this: a Blackberry user can connect to CGP using regular
POP or IMAP, right?

The only thing we'd be missing without NotifyLink (or some other 3rd
party software) is push support, correct?

Thanks.

Using Blackberry Desktop, CGP, and the Blackberry Web client, you can do the following:

1.) Receive your e-mails via "Push". Maybe there is some delay when compared to Blackberry Enterprise Server, but not that much. You send an e-mail and it's there in less than a minute, I'd say.
2.) Sync your contacts, calendar and tasks with your CGP account, using a USB cable. This requires a little bit of experimentation to verify which version of Blackberry Desktop will work with your version of CGP. The newer ones don't, but it seems that 4.1 does, and I have heard that 4.2SP2 does as well.

What notify link provides is:

1.) Over-the air syncing of your contacts and calendars. No USB cable, Outlook, MAPI required.
2.) Less worry that the next version of CGP and MAPI connector will break your currently working setup.

Maybe someone else can clarify if I have left something out.