From: Support @ ish <support@ish.com.au>
Subject: Re: zip files
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 21:32:16 +1000
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Yeah, for the simple programs that just check extensions, there are systems out there that do DPI and can still see through your trickery. :P

Thanks

Bob wrote:
*This message was transferred with a trial version of CommuniGate(r) Pro*
Keep in mind this is easily defeatable. Our work mail system does this and whenever I need a zip file sent to me, I just ask the original sender to rename it .pdf first, then I rename it .zip when I get it.
Bob

ish Support wrote:
hello

is there anyway that I can strip zip files and pass the email on to the user without the zip file attached? or better yet hold it in quarantine and advise the user on a weekly basis that they need an admin to release x messages that may be legitimate?

thanks

ish

http://www.ish.com.au

phone +61 2 9550 5001   fax +61 2 9550 4001