From: Wayne Gamble <rfecgate@rfe.net>
Subject: Re: mismatches with email sent stored locally and stored on server
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 15:06:34 -0500
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Interesting, about 20 of my users run Macs, but I've never run anything like that.  Well, unless someone has a better idea,  here's what I'd do.  After checking to make sure the users won't exceed their storage limit:

I'd create some new folders on the server through the webmail client, making sure not to duplicate any existing folder names (newINBOX, newSaved, newSent Messages, etc)

Next,  I'd log as the user using mail.app and copy all the messages in each folder from the client back to its corresponding new folder on the server.

Once everything is back on the server, I'd close mail.app,  rename the folders (using webmail) back to their original names (Sent Messages, etc.) and delete any (now) unused folders.

Finally,  I'd make a backup copy of   ~ \Library\Mail, then delete the users account in mail.app and recreate the IMAP account from scratch.