From: Wayde Nie <wayde@nie.ca>
Subject: Re: Community Edition User Limit
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 08:43:34 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
On Sun, 2008-09-14 at 10:43 +0100, Graeme Fowler wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-09-14 at 00:28 -0400, Nicolas Hatier wrote:
> > There is no banner message in incoming/outgoing messages sent from a
> > Community Edition license of CGP. I'm not sure about the PBX thing,
> > but I would be surprised.
>
> I stand corrected, happily.
>
> Servers with fewer than 5 accounts send a header of the form:

At home, I use the Community edition and can confirm that for 5 or fewer
accounts (not including postmaster or pbx in the main domain) there are
no 'trial edition' messages inserted into either emails or voice calls.

The 6th account created, automatically switches you into 'Trial Edition'
mode and the 'trial edition' messages start getting inserted.

I don't use lists, but I use forwarders, groups and aliases quite
liberally and they don't count against your limit. Without having tried
it, I'm pretty sure that lists are unrestricted too.

The only outward indication of the community edition appears to be in
the headers, as Graeme indications below. The SMTP, IMAP and POP
greetings are generic.

Note however, that a pbx user in a subdomain (even if you delete the pbx
user in the main domain), does appear to count against the limit...

Wayde.